<p>London [United Kingdom], July 1 (ANI): British tennis player Andy Murray, who was out of action for eleven months due to a hip injury, is all set to make a comeback in Wimbledon.</p><p>The 31-year-old, who returned to the Queen's Club Championship two weeks ago, said that he was doubtful about his comeback but now he is ready for the Wimbledon challenge.</p><p>"I'm pumped. Four or five weeks ago, I didn't know whether I'd be capable of competing at a level I'd be happy with. I think the past couple of weeks have been beneficial. I don't think I played amazing in the matches, but I think I've done well, considering the opponents, the level of the guys that I've played against," Murray said.</p><p>In his pre-Wimbledon season, the former world number one put in some impressive performance in the Fever-Tree Championship having pushed Australian Nick Kyrgios to a final-set tie-breaker before stumbling 2-6 7-6 (7-4) 7-5 against the Australian world number 21.</p><p>He defeated Swiss player Stan Wawrinka 6-1, 6-3 in Nature Valley International Tournament before submitting to British number one Kyle Edmund 4-6, 4-6 in the same tournament.</p><p>The Olympics Champion said that Wimbledon is a very special event for him but this time, returning to the championship seems very different.</p><p>"Wimbledon for me is obviously special for a lot of reasons. I always want to be here competing. It feels a little bit odd coming into the tournament this year," Murray said.</p><p>"Normally like at this stage I feel really nervous, lots of pressure, and I expect a lot of myself around this time of year. I've always loved that and enjoyed that in a way. It has been difficult, but enjoyed it, whereas this year it feels very, very different," he added.</p><p>The British player admitted that he still needs to work on a lot of things and that will take some time.</p><p>Murray will start his Wimbledon fixture against French player Benoit Paire on July 3. (ANI)</p><br/><center><em><p>This story has not been edited. It has been published as provided by ANI</p></em></center>
from sports https://ift.tt/2MESAig
Post Top Ad
Wednesday, 4 July 2018
Murray 'ready' for Wimbledon after hip injury
Tags
# ABP News Sports sports
Share This
About sdas126
ABP News Sports sports
Labels:
ABP News Sports sports
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post Bottom Ad
Responsive Ads Here
No comments:
Post a Comment